Main Tasks and Responsibilities |
1. To lead Regional Operations, through the direct management of SPMs and the indirect influence/management of cross-functional teams (RCI Account Managers, APMs, Dealer Marketing Consultants, Franchising Field teams, Dealer Fleet Coaches) in a matrix environment. This will be supported by Sales & Fleet Operations and Head Office Aftersales, Marketing, RCI and ND&Q functions
2, Accountable for sustainable and profitable delivery of sales KPIs delivered by the region on a monthly basis
3. Maintain strong commercial relationships with the dealer network ensuring that all NMGB programmes are known, understood & fully maximized.
4. Sell-in and set through SPMs volume sales targets, bonus & marketing plans with all dealers in the given region
5. Responsible to ensure all SPM sales & marketing action plans are fully documented & updated (GK360)
6. Deliver regional customer satisfaction survey commitment as targeted, which is a key lever for driving customer experience & retention, and ultimately delivery of sustainable sales
7. Regional outlet/partner performance management, including dealer fall-down & escalation process. Identification of regional opportunities to support national breakthrough plans
8. Provide regional and commercial input into Ideal Network Planning and Franchising plans.
9. Coach & mentor a team of SPM’s to maximise efficiency & development of the team.
10. Maintain strong links within the Regional Management and Head Office teams of support functions (Marketing, RCI, After-sales, ND&Q) to ensure synergistic approach is maintained at all times when dealing with our business partners, and their performance
Critical Competencies | Leading and supervising, working with people, applying expertise and technology, analysing, achieving personal work goals and objectives
Technical Skills | Degree or equivalent preferred, but not essential. Management of sales budget. Excellent presentation and communication skills with a proven ability to deliver professional personal communications both in a one to one basis & to informed audiences within the automotive industry. Excellent people management skills encompassing strong team building skills, the ability to address poor performance and be able to inspire at all levels. Understand Sales & Aftersales KPI terminology, calculation method and crucially the ability to advise on the specific actions to improve. Proficiency in all Microsoft packages, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Mandatory Previous Experience | Previous experience of interpreting financial information via Composite & Management Accounts. Strong appreciation of sales, marketing and aftersales best practice with the ability to translate this knowledge into practical working solutions. Worked in a senior role with P&L responsibility. Either in a dealer facing role or experience of a manufacturer dealer facing role. People management experience. Strong appreciation of sales, marketing and aftersales best practice with the ability to translate this knowledge into practical working solutions. Detailed knowledge of the sales process and resource levels
Mandatory Previous Position/ Rotation | Previous experience in an operational field role (AfterSales/Sales/Fleet). Franchising Manager. Product Manager. Previous experience working in a dealership. Highly desirable to have previous experience in an operational field role (Aftersales/Sales/Fleet)
Desirable Previous Position/ Rotation | Previous experience working in a dealership. Proven leadership experience of managing a diverse team.
Maple Cross Hertfordshire United Kingdom