Since our launch in 2012, we’ve been on a mission: to make digital identification simple and secure for everyone, and everything.
In that time, we’ve expanded constantly, and been joined by over 150 incredible people, all with the same vision. We’ve grown in other ways too we raised $35 in our Series A funding round, and launched our game-changing authentication platform.
Our technology is now being used by hundreds and thousands of users worldwide, including some of the world’s leading financial institutions.
And this is just the beginning.
Over the next year, Callsign will double in size as we continue our mission to make every web, mobile and physical interaction seamless and secure.
We can’t do that alone, though. That’s why we’re looking hire the brightest, most inquisitive minds out there: the people who want to help us change the rules of identity and have the skills and passion to make this mission a reality.
Does that sound like you? Let’s talk.
We're on the look out to hire an incredible 1st Line Support Engineer for our support team based in Manchester. You'll join a growing Support function, with some excellent progression opportunities. We need someone who has some previous experience in another 1st Line Support role, with impeccable communication, customer service and problem solving skills. We work to tight SLA's, in a fast-paced environment, and tickets raised can take some time to resolve, so the ability to juggle 50+ tickets at a time is vital.
- Provide a first point of contact for our clients when they need support on any of our products and services.
- Be able to handle different communication channels such as phone, email, e-chat and the ticketing system (We currently use Zendesk)
- Be able to prioritize different demands and coordinate activity with the technical 2nd and 3rd line teams.
- Occasional out of hours attendance or disturbances may be required.
- Respond efficiently and communicate clearly to ensure the customer's complete satisfaction.
- Be able to navigate knowledge articles and respond accordingly to simple issues raised by clients.
- Engage with different teams to identify, prioritise and solve issues.
- Working as a close team, supporting one another and identifying areas for improvement.
Skills and Requirements
- Previous experience of working in a customer help desk environment or customer service role
- You are able to estimate, prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Be proactive and work with initiative, and comfortable with working in an agile environment with multiple priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- A background or education appropriate for the role i.e. IT, programming or computer related.
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Knowledge of Java and supporting applications in Android and IOS
- Experience using applications such as Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana.
- Hands-on experience in working on scripts and command line applications.
- Working knowledge of databases.
- Hands-on software support experience.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and Elasticsearch.
- Experience of Windows, Linux and macOS operating systems.
- Experience of Couchbase, Postgres, SQL queries.
- Experience of Quality Assurance and regression testing.
- Knowledge of Zendesk and JIRA ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of API’s and Postman.
- Knowledge of ITIL and its framework.
- Familiarity with version control, release management cycles and ticketing systems in general.
- Health Insurance single
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 3 months full pay maternity amp; 2 weeks full pay paternity (if the statutory minimum is met)
- 25 days of annual leave + Callsign Bank Holiday (not included in holiday allowance)
- Free financial advise
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wills and Estates our benefits provider has partnered with a third party who offers a discount
- Home Utilities - our benefits provider has partnered with a third party who offers a discount
- Cycle Insurance
- Health cash plans
- Cyclist protection
- Discounted gym membership