Come and work in the Product Team at Fresha! We’re a fast-growing global platform that is revolutionising the beauty and wellness industry. Fresha has quickly become a game-changing industry leader which is transforming how beauty and wellness owners run their businesses and how consumers find and consume their products and services.
All over the world, our customers book millions of appointments every month (over $400M monthly GMV), with thousands of partner businesses all over the world (currently 45,000 and growing every day). We recently passed a significant business milestone of having processed $10B of bookings with our platform.
We’re on the hunt for an experienced, enthusiastic, and creative Technical Product Owner (IT Business Analyst) to constantly improve the user experience of the world’s best SaaS-enabled-Marketplace for Salon’s, Spa’s and Wellness industry.
This is a full-time, London-based role and our new Technical Product Owner (IT Business Analyst) will join our team in well-located WeWork office space in Shoreditch.
While we do have a great office there, we are all currently WFH and are also discussing how and where we will continue working in the post-COVID future. Even though we have yet to fully map out that future, it will be a mix of WFH and office with individual teams determining the best approach for themselves.
Regardless of how and where we decide to work, we are looking for someone who will rise to the challenge of working as part of a talented team of passionate product managers, engineers, architects and designers, all of whom ensure that everyone in the team is the best they can be.
We hand-on-heart! consider ourselves to be a world-class product development team, so we set the bar high in terms of inviting new team members to come and join us. We look for people who will help drive us to be collectively even better than we already are. We don’t require years and years of experience, though that is useful; we’re more interested in skills, mindset and potential. If you’re smart, passionate and imaginative, come solve some technical challenges with us on a global scale.
What will this person do (and what not)?
In short words:
Synthesise the knowledge from product and technical areas; co-operate directly, on the daily basis, with the interdisciplinary team on turning business-driven ideas into value for the end-users amp; shareholders.
In more detail:
- Take part in all stages of work on product development, from envisioning and brainstorming vaguely hinted ideas, to assessing real-life outcomes of already introduced changes.
- Mine knowledge amp; identify business value/risks/opportunities in whatever you’re working on.
- Structure the concepts, ideas amp; expectations into input necessary to develop new functionality amp; preserve knowledge about how it will work (down to sufficient level of detail).
- In particular - work closely with the implementation team, guide them through the solution complexity and actively help with solving obstacles.
- Document various models we use in our work (logical, information, process, static, dynamic, ) using notations amp; tools agreed with your peers. By doing that, avoid knowledge silos (or tribal knowledge) and compose the solution in a scalable, well-structured way (avoiding model debt).
- Be responsible for the quality of the owned product areas, in the terms of meeting business expectations.
- Play a driving, pro-active role in all design activities (e.g.: groomings, event storming sessions, functional modeling).
- Evangelise the knowledge about both design techniques, shared tools amp; important design decisions made together with Teams (that may impact future work of others).
We’re looking for a person who:
- Communicates effectively with people of various profiles amp; backgrounds: not only as a transmitter but also an active, empathic listener with flexible approach (open for other people ideas), being able to sell her/his ideas.
- Uses highly-developed abstract thinking skills to understand complex domain reality (collect, classify and break down information).
- Maps gathered information into abstract models focused on business value and users’ expectations (slicing the elephant to adjust detail level of abstractions to the current needs).
- Extracts and derives knowledge out of these models.
- Effectively shares (in a written/spoken/drawn/ form) the outcomes of her/his work across the whole organisation: on a continuous, feedback-fed basis.
- Has an experience with using of standards and industry notations - like UML, BMPN.
- Has an experience with using CASE tools - like Enterprise Architect, Prolaborate.
Big advantage will be:
- Genuine interest in extending your capabilities palette in all the relevant areas like: Design Thinking, Domain Driven Design, Systems Thinking.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Ability to read a code in order to understand basic flow.
- Theoretical knowledge or practical experience regarding system architectures (e.g. integration patterns) and technical design (e.g. relational data modeling).
- Competitive salary, negotiable based on your experience.
- Various career development options are in-game - as a Technical Product Owner (IT Business Analyst) in Fresha you can develop your skills from other areas of expertise, such as solution architecture or even managing of product.
- Focused start-up culture, with a talented team of about 90+ highly-experienced Engineers, Architects, Product Managers and Designers.
- A great, well-located WeWork office space in Shoreditch... which we’re not currently using as we’re all WFH... but it is there if/when we next need it ;-)
- Regular in-house events for sharing knowledge and passion: retros, demos, analytical guild.
- The chance to be part of building one of the world’s brightest tech prospects. Seriously, our future plans will blow your mind...
Wonder who's behind? Check our instagram profile and see the life behind the scenes: @freshaengineering