About The Hut Group
THG is one of the world's leading online beauty and wellbeing retailers, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, ESPA, GlossyBox, and Myprotein; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity. Our 6000-plus employees represent 66 nationalities and work in offices located in 11 cities around the globe.
Our culture is fast- paced and unique, we recognise great achievements with great rewards. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey. THG believes in the power of meritocracy. We invest in the development of our people to help everyone achieve their full potential.
THG Ingenuity is THG’s proprietary, end-to-end technology and operating platform that has enabled the group to successfully build and scale its own global, direct to consumer (D2C) brands, including market leaders Myprotein and lookfantastic. The platform now powers the ongoing growth of THG’s own brands and services a growing portfolio of leading brands, international FMCGs and blue-chip retailers, including Nestle, Procter amp; Gamble, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Johnson amp; Johnson and Nintendo.
THG Ingenuity comprises access to THG’s international infrastructure across warehouse fulfilment, digital content studios and event spaces, an end-to-end proprietary software solution required to operate and scale retail brands, and a suite of in-house consultative and management services across trading, marketing and brand strategy. It is one of the only platforms that is underpinned by proven expertise as it has demonstrably scaled brands globally.
Role and Responsibilities:
THG Ingenuity is at an exciting phase in its growth and currently represents a major inflection point for THG as a group. Through its compelling USP and innovative technology, the division has built an extensive and exciting pipeline of clients in the last year. As a result of this significant and ongoing growth, we are now looking to build a commercially focused Ingenuity team from our London office in order to focus our efforts to continue both developing new partnerships and expanding the scope of existing partnerships with leading brands and retailers.
As a Commercial Associate, you will have a material impact on the ongoing growth and success of THG as we shift from online retailer to innovative solutions provider. You will be working closely with our THG Leadership team to plan and execute the THG Ingenuity growth strategy as we offer our best-inclass, proprietary platform to a broad spectrum of clients. You will develop a focus on specific verticals and/or markets and will be involved in all aspects of the commercial sales process, with specific responsibility for (but not limited to):
• Market/Sector research and analysis, as well as subsequent and target identification and recommendations
• Building captivating and effective pitch decks for a broad variety of clients. Directly influencing prospect decision-making through your knowledge of our offering, in a manner that educates the client on THG Ingenuity's platform
• Monitoring and reporting on client project milestones, tracking outstanding actions across the teams and utilising pipeline documentation to track progress of all prospective clients through the commercial process
• Producing regular update reports for senior management and contributing to updates for the executive board • Working alongside the programme manager and respective internal stakeholders to help facilitate the initial phases of commercial on-boarding for new clients
• Supporting on commercial modelling and deal pricing structures, both in the form of general process establishment and on a client-by-client basis • Support on initial contract set-up - working with clients and finance to build contracts for longterm partnerships (with lead from manager)
• Commercial collateral ownership and evolution of our proposition with the Senior team and respective stakeholders
• Developing strong, long-term c-suite relationships with all prospective clients This is an exciting opportunity to have material impact on defining the next phase of THG's growth from day one.
The Commercial Associate will work closely with the Ingenuity Senior Leadership team. In addition, they will work closely with both prospective and current THG Ingenuity clients by building the business cases for new partnerships and further developing existing ones.
The successful candidate will also need to develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders such as the THG Ingenuity team members across Technology, Operations, Programme Management, Finance, Legal and other subject matter experts from across the group.
Unfortunately because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, we are sometimes unable to respond to every application. If you haven't heard from us within 14 days of applying, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions within THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse amp; inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.