At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a motivated startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over 55m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
carwow is looking for a Mid-level User Researcher to join the Design Team, reporting to the Head of Design. The contract is for six months maternity cover, starting January 2021 ending June 2021 working remotely. The Team covers all aspects related to research and insights, supporting the needs for Marketing and Product.
User Research is at the heart of user-centred design. You'll work with Product and Marketing partners, including Product Managers and Designers. Research is a guiding compass, playing an essential role in how carwow plans for the long term, helping us to build a picture of the automotive industry gathering user foresight and insight.
- Plan and prepare multiple research activities to support the Product and Marketing teams. Work independently on research plans and validate problems with data.
- Lead the recruiting of test participants, preparing discussion guides, designing test tasks and moderating user testing sessions.
- Analyse and summarise information through writing executive summaries and categorising feedback, then collating them into recommendations. While incorporating and cross-referencing insights from existing research plans, identifying patterns in research. Write and create in-depth user personas, telling the story of the user needs when purchasing a car.
- Share user research findings to the Product team and the broader organisation, helping people to have an empathetic understanding of our users.
- Gained 2+ years' experience working at a Digital Agency or Tech Company
- Fluent speaking and writing in English; nice to have, can speak German or Spanish
- Use a variety of research methodologies including focus groups, usability testing, user journey analysis and mapping, multivariate testing
- Experience with how to measure customer satisfaction and net promoter score
- Display a comprehension of the strengths and limitations of the different research methods, inclusive of when and how to apply each in product/market/consumer analysis
- Proficiency in creating engaging presentations
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve
- Health: Private medical health insurance, subsidised gym membership, free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Financial: Private pension scheme, salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Office: A dog-friendly office in Victoria to take advantage of in the New Year (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here) with remote working options
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, coffee with the exec sessions, culture club, social events (currently virtual)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
At carwow, we appreciate the value that comes from having diverse employees. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, pregnancy, race or religion, we strive to create a team where anybody can thrive. We strongly believe a varied workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (you can view them here).