We’re looking for a Director of Data and Analytics to join our Data team in our London Victoria office working on a fully remote basis until March 2021. Beyond this, we’ve introduced a new flexible working policy allowing you to work from home for the majority of the week with 1-2 days max in the office. See below benefits section for more information!
Buying a car is the 2nd biggest financial decision people make after buying a house, and it’s an incredibly complex one. Consumers face many challenges in the process: from choosing the right car to buy, to making sure they’re getting a good deal - here at carwow we aim to fix them all.
From an attic to the 6th fastest growing company in Europe in 2018; carwow is an online marketplace making car buying better for everyone. Car buying is one of the last areas to be revolutionised by the internet - here at carwow we’re leading the online revolution. Already we’ve improved car buying for 200,000+ people who have bought 5 billion+ worth of cars with our help.
We’re a highly driven (excuse the pun), energetic scaleup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We’re backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs amp; car manufacturer Daimler (Mercedes-Benz) with over 55m of total funding raised.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make car buying better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of our industry, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the very start of something huge.
The role will be responsible for the overall leadership of the Data team at carwow. You will work closely with C-suite and leadership teams to ensure the business is driven to achieve its goals.
You will build and lead a team of analysts that turn complex data into actionable business decisions and do so in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment across multiple countries.
We operate a matrix structure that enables our analysts to be closely aligned with the key stakeholders and business teams in the Marketing, Product and Commercial, whilst also working together in a centre of excellence that you will lead.
You will translate carwow’s commercial goals into a data vision and roadmap to support and enable them and see that vision through to execution.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, mentoring and support to the Data team.
- Define amp; deliver a roadmap of ongoing analytics capability improvement in terms of people amp; organisation, process and technology - in order for the team to most effectively support carwow’s strategic objectives
- Lead high impact projects across the marketing, product and commercial functions on a wide variety of topics such as building KPI suites, predictive models, LTV analysis, customer segmentation and commercial modelling.
- Initiate and drive projects from beginning to end.
- Establish best practice across the business for KPI definitions amp; data automations
- Define the operating model that determines how the Data team interfaces with the business functions in order to best deliver our strategic goals.
- Engage and support the wider analytical community within carwow to deliver on our self serve operating model.
- 10+ years experience in data analytics.
- Experience leading analytical teams including recruitment, retention amp; performance management, demonstrating thought leadership in the data analytics industry
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience with a wide variety of analytical techniques.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to clearly make sense of complex ideas.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, with technical toolkit to enable delivery.
- Experience collaborating and coordinating activity across multiple business departments.
- Very strong SQL experience (this is a hands-off role, but we use SQL heavily and this experience is necessary).
- Familiarity with A/B testing methodologies and pitfalls.
- Experience with SQL relational databases.
- Experience with a programming language (Python/R) would be a bonus.
- Start-up / scale-up experience would be a strong bonus.
- Bsc/BA in mathematics, statistics or other quantitative field.
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve
- Health: Private medical health insurance, subsidised gym membership, free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Financial: Private pension scheme, salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Flexible working: For those that want to, you'll be able to work from home for the majority of the week, with up to 2 days max in the office and receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to 500/550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home. We also have a new ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it.
- Office: When we are in the office, a dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here).
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, coffee with the exec sessions, culture club, social events (currently virtual)
At carwow, we appreciate the value that comes from having diverse employees. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, pregnancy, race or religion, we strive to create a team where anybody can thrive. We strongly believe a varied workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (you can view them here).