At XE, we live currencies. We provide a comprehensive range of currency services and products, including our Currency Converter, Market Analysis, Currency Data API and quick, easy, secure Money Transfers for individuals and businesses. We leverage technology to deliver these services through our website, mobile apps and over the phone.
Last year, we helped nearly 300 million people access information about the currencies that matter to them and over 350,000 people used us to send money overseas. Thousands of businesses relied on us for information about the currency markets, advice on managing their foreign exchange risk or trusted us with their business-critical international payments.
At XE, we share the belief that behind every currency exchange, query or transaction is a person or business trying to accomplish something important, so we work together to develop new and better currency services that put our customers first.
We are proud to be part of Euronet Worldwide (Nasdaq: EEFT), a global leader in processing secure electronic financial transactions. Under Euronet, we have brought together our three key brands XE, HiFX and Ria Money Transfer to become the business that XE is today.
Reporting into the Global Head of Compliance Operations, this position will manage and build out Xe’s Global Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) program. In general, Xe's Global FIU program:
- conducts research and analysis of Xe’s Consumer and Corporate transaction activity to identify patterns and trends associated with money laundering, consumer fraud, terrorist financing, suspicious activity, and other potential risks
- prepares and submits regulatory reports as required by local regulations
- liaises with compliance and business partners to provide guidance around risks identified through the results of the analysis conducted within the team
What You'll Do:
- Implementing and optimising:
- Methodology for conducting FIU investigations and transaction monitoring analysis in compliance with applicable laws
- Methodology for conducting corridor and trend analysis over Xe’s network
- AML transaction monitoring systems’ components e.g. detection scenarios, threshold setting and tuning;
- Consumer Fraud detection and prevention technologies
- Assessing and enhancing organisations current and target operating models
- Reviewing end-to-end data flow (data quality, data lineage), analysing and discovering key data elements
- Designing automated and data driven controls to better manage and protect data assets
- Validating and testing data and reports submitted to regulatory bodies
- Support and participate in internal, external, and regulatory audits and examinations
- Designing and developing dashboards, visualisations and metrics to present to Senior Management
- Monitor and manage daily investigative workflow, controls, and results metrics for the team, and ensure timely completion of tasks
- Train and lead a growing team of analysts responsible for performing investigations of account activity and conducting surveillance reviews
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a FX/Payments industry or within a similar regulated organisation operating in a similar function
- Experience with assessing, implementing and/or optimising Financial Crime technologies
- Experience in data science methods and techniques
- Demonstrable technical expertise in SQL, R and Python
- Understanding of complex data and issues
- Ability to identify, mitigate and communicate risks and issues that have the potential to impact the overall client experience
- Ability to create a strong professional culture and communicate a clear vision for the direction of the FIU
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary Company Bonus
- 25 days holiday (increasing with service 1 day per annum, capped at 30 days) plus birthday "day off"
- Able to buy/sell an additional 5 days holiday
- Group pension plan 4% employer contribution
- Euronet Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Healthcare Insurance Scheme, Income Protection Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme
- Critical Illness Cover