Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine’s core product is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks.
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was ranked as the most desirable London fintech to work at by Sifted when comparing employee reviews on Glassdoor and named in Fintech 50 (2020). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
This is a key role within Thought Machine, operating at a comprehensive technical level, engaging with engineering to understand the impact of technical changes and ensuring the successful delivery of our clients’ requirements.
The Technical Analyst interacts with Clients, Business Analysts and Engineers, performing the crucial task of translating business requirements into detailed software solutions and specifications.
- Analysing and validating business requirements, translating into technical specifications/requirements.
- Evaluating core platform changes versus client specific requests.
- Implementing Vault workflows and Python smart contract code from client requirements (Software Engineering).
- Designing client solutions / architecture.
- Collaborating with engineering, obtaining a deep technical understanding of Vault and associated roadmap.
- Co-ordinating impact and requirements across projects.
- Supporting client staging and development instances.
- Understanding, investigating, resolving client technical queries.
- Prioritising and managing backlog and sprint planning.
- Conducting post mortems and defect management on technical issues.
- Participating in testing, release cycles and QA processes relating to client deployments.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to communicate solutions.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience writing software in either Python or Golang.
- Experience analysing requirements, creating specifications and working with engineering functions to implement solutions.
- Desire and ability to learn and work with engineers to evolve the technical aspects of Vault.
- Delivering technology projects into financial institutions, or enterprise firms.
- Understanding of the following tech stack: Python, Go, Typescript, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK Stack, AWS, Google Cloud and other Cloud Technologies.
- Following Agile software delivery framework
- In client-facing integration, implementation engineering or solution architecture roles, in B2B software product companies.
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan (match up to 7%)
- Life Insurance- 3 times annual salary
- Excellent Maternity and Paternity leave
- Shared parental leave
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private health insurance with Bupa for you and your family
- Health cash plan (including dental amp; optical)
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Access to exceptional learning materials and courses
- Onsite gym, membership subsidised by Thought Machine
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge range of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies, juice, tea, coffee, soft and alcoholic drinks on tap
- A talented amp; experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.