Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine's core product, Vault, is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was ranked as the most desirable London fintech to work at by Sifted when comparing employee reviews on Glassdoor and named in Fintech 50 (2020). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
The Cloud Security team is tasked to review the architecture and develop automation tooling to define the best in class protective and detective security controls.
- Provide security expertise and perform high-level technical reviews of applications and use cases that are moving to many cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Solution and build Cloud Native Detective and Responsive controls in AWS, Azure and/or GCP that enforce the security baseline at scale, and when necessary integrate with open source and vendor tools.
- Build automation to actively audit the infrastructure for security misconfigurations of AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Work with developers and other teams to implement and integrate Cloud Security solutions.
- Supports compliance initiatives (contractual, regulatory, and internal) by creating and delivering appropriate data-driven dashboards, reports, and other supporting artifacts.
- Work with cloud operations team to develop cloud monitoring tooling, design and develop scripts needed for troubleshooting and resolution of security or compliance issues.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest cloud security threats.
- Design, develop, administer, and/or maintaining the security of cloud environments (AWS, MS Azure or GCP) with a clear passion for cloud security and cloud technologies.
- Strong knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Experience in building and deploying applications on the Cloud, using CI/CD frameworks and Infrastructure automation, such as: Terraform, Jenkins.
- Experience with languages such as: Python, Go
- Experience developing tools and interacting with cloud provider APIs: boto3, gcloud etc.
- Experience in version control systems such as: Git
- Knowledge of data security requirements in the cloud aligned with PCI-DSS, GDPR, ISO27K
- Knowledge of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Cloud Controls Matrix.
- Familiarity with security issues associated with containers, Kubernetes, distributed systems, and large-scale web applications.
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan (match up to 7%)
- Life Insurance- 3 times annual salary
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity leave
- Shared parental leave
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private health insurance with Bupa for you and your family
- Health cash plan (including dental amp; optical)
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Access to exceptional learning materials and courses
- Onsite gym, membership subsidised by Thought Machine
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge range of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies and drinks
- A talented amp; experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who taken a journey unique to them.. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
No agencies, please