At Florence, we’re on a mission to be the number one tech provider for social care staffing.
Our online marketplace helps care organisations fill rota gaps without the need for expensive recruitment agencies, and our training academy and rota software helps users improve their professional development, save time and work smarter.
Launched in 2017, we work with over 50,000 nurses and carers and over 600 care home locations across the UK. Nurses and carers have worked almost 1 million hours and earned more than 20million by booking shifts through Florence.
We are a growing team of 60+, founded and led by a former doctor-turned-entrepreneur. This is a really exciting time to join Florence and be part of a tech startup that is filled with collaborative, passionate and driven people.
Having raised a significant Series A round of funding, we are now looking for a PR amp; Communications Manager to help drive the business forward.
About the Communications Manager role
- The PR amp; Communications Manager position is a key position for driving brand awareness for our growing startup. You will report to the Head of Content amp; Communications, and while you won’t yet have any direct reports, you will work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders.
- You will be an experienced PR with a portfolio of successful campaigns to show for it, as well as a little black book of contacts preferably within the tech industry or health amp; social care.
- You will be joining a team of 4 marketing professionals.
- You will work across three products within the Florence suite, and your role will be to own our PR strategy and campaign distribution for all. An excellent written and verbal communicator, you will relish the opportunity to make a tangible difference to our growth as a brand.
- We work in a fast-paced tech startup environment which will suit dynamic and results-driven people. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we look for people who love fresh challenges and have a creative way of solving them.
- Lead managing Florence’s PR strategy and output
- Develop and manage PR amp; communications calendar for Florence suite of products
- Track and measure PR growth with strong grasp of reporting and campaign analysis
- Identify comms amp; PR campaign angles and appropriate journalists/publications/influencers to engage
- Create PR materials (press releases, pitches, case stories, survey results, blog posts)
- Run outreach for PR campaigns
- Maintain media lists and relationships
- Write and edit materials supportive of brand comms initiatives including blogs, email and landing pages
- Own Florence’s tone of voice and brand messaging for both our distinct audiences (clients and workers)
To succeed in this role you will need the following:
- 3+ years PR and communications experience within a marketing team for a consumer-facing product
- Proven track record of delivering successful content-driven PR campaigns
- Excellent written UK English and grammar (native level or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal communication; ability to develop relationships with key media figures and influencers
- Strong experience of end-to-end PR campaign management
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Startup experience desirable
Previous PR experience of technology, health or social care sectors desirable
- 25 days holiday (pro rata) + holiday roll over / buy more holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Laptop supplied when joining
- Opportunity to contribute to growth in an early stage startup
When we’re back in the office (after the COVID lockdown):
- Fun, friendly and collaborative startup office environment
- Regular company and social outings
- Access to the kitchen area supplied with free teas, coffees, biscuits etc.
- Friendly office dogs