Freedom leisure actively promotes healthy lifestyles, and our community facilities are the perfect place to achieve this.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a natural leader. We are looking for commercially focused individuals to slot into our management team, you will need strong interpersonal skills and a customer focused ethos. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a strong team, so an ability to motivate and lead is essential. You will be responsible for the day to day duty management and overseeing operations of the leisure centre. You will be a proactive member of the team, who can lead centre staff, ensuring performance potential is optimised and all duties are carried out to the highest standard. We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, and ideally has experience of working in a leisure environment, but more importantly, someone who has the ability to spot a business opportunity, is able to think on their feet, keep calm under pressure and able to deal with people from all walks of life. If you are from a sales or commercial background this could be the change of career you are looking for.
Hours: 37 hrs per week, Monday - Sunday (rota basis)
- RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification desirable but the ability to gain qualification will be considered
- First Aid at Work Certificate desirable willingness to gain qualification considered
- The ability to develop and motivate a team of staff
- Experience of day to day management and being responsible for an area of income
- Knowledge and understanding of business and budgetary performance
- Experience of problem solving, customer service and staff management
- Experience working in a Duty Management or similar role
- To be able to work flexibly with a level of autonomy and decision making confidence
- Able to think on your feet and respond to variable demands.
- My Staff Shop, our very own staff benefit scheme, gives employees access to a great range of benefits. Get discounts on cinema tickets, travel bookings, high street e-vouchers, gift cards, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending.
- Discounted Staff membership (including family members)
- Incremental holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 confidential, independent and professional counselling.
- Company pension
- Various insurance and saving schemes
- Financial advice
- Cycle-to-work and Car Leasing tax-efficient schemes (salaried staff only)
- All this as well as fully funded training and career progression opportunities in a team working environment
Closing date: 21st April 2021
Salary: up to 18,366.00 pa