Burendo is a Leeds based, Agile consultancy specialising in supporting both large and SME organisations improve their Agile adoption and delivery processes. Our clients span both multiple industries and countries, and our consultants and coaches use a blend of tools and techniques obtained through their previous practical experience to help teams improve our Client’s delivery capability.
We aren’t a big ‘shiny shoes’ consultancy and we don’t really want to be. We believe in the skills of our individuals and the strength of loose networks of specialists to deliver pragmatic solutions to our clients. Chances are you already work in an environment where skilled individuals link up to swarm over challenges we simply promote it at a larger scale.
As we grow we’re looking to hire a Product Owner to work with us on a contract basis (inside IR35) for a period of three months initially. This role will involve working as part of a team for one of our private sector clients and although currently remote, their may be a need in the future to travel to and from Leeds for collaboration activities.
Working with a financial services client, the successful candidate will work as part of a cross functional squad on native Mobile App solutions. Finance and Mobile experience will therefore be advantageous.
Day to Day
As a member of the extended Product Management team, the Product Owner will be heavily involved in Programme Backlog refinement and play a significant role in the planning events itself. The Product Owner will be updating the team backlogs and typically participates in reviewing and contributing to programme Vision, Roadmap and content presentations.
- Backlog Refinement: With input from the squad and other stakeholders, the Product Owner has the primary responsibility to build, prune, and maintain the team backlog. The backlog consists mostly of user stories, but also includes defects, refactoring and data onboarding related work.
- Iteration Planning: The Product Owner will review and prioritise the backlog as part of the preparatory work for Iteration Planning (2 week sprints in Scrum, or intended outcome/goals in Kanban). The Product Owner will also need to work closely with the Scrum Master, to coordinate dependencies with other Product Owners/Squads.
- Just-in-time story elaboration: The PO will help the team elaborate the backlog into user stories for implementation.
- Supporting Role: The Product Owner will participate in development of story acceptance criteria, draft them when feasible, and provide examples to the Business Analyst and Test Engineers to support the creation of valid and measurable test acceptance criteria.
- Accepting backlog items: The Product Owner will accept backlog items to acceptance criteria. This includes the final validation that the story meets acceptance criteria and that each has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and otherwise meets its definite of done.
- Participating in Squad Demo and Retro: As an integral member of the squad the PO will participate in all Agile events as required.
These are some of the things we are looking for in candidates... Don’t worry, the checklist is short. If you think you’d be a great fit for us, let us know - we’d much rather have a chat with you to see how you’d fit in!
- Agile background and experience operating as Product Owner within the full Product Development Lifecycle (from idea to live)
- A pragmatic approach to Agile methods and frameworks
- Ability to form product Vision, Strategies and roadmaps
- A keen eye for detail with regards to KPIs and Metrics, but also the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Natural facilitator brining people into conversations and workshops to ensure true collaboration
- Proven experience in prioritising work based on value, and identifying any diminishing return on investment for projects
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Customer first, ABCD thinking mind set
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Eligible to work in UK
These aren’t essentials and we aren’t going to turn you away if you don’t have any of them, however let’s be honest if you have these they will help you stand out from the crowd.
- Background in Mobile App Product Development
- Experience in working in multiple industries or sectors
- Experience in a Technology or Consultancy Company
- Experience of working in the Financial Services sector
- 450- 500 per day DOE (please note this role will be inside IR35)
- Leeds City Centre Location (currently remote)
- That’s it if you fancy it, click apply to send across your CV!
No agencies please!