ClearScore is looking for a new Lead Data Analyst focused on Product Analytics.
You will join the team in delivering insight and analysis which allow ClearScore to rapidly scale and deliver a seamless experience for our users. Analysts play a key role within ClearScore, driving strategy and key decision-making, which ultimately benefits our users, partners and other teams within the business.
ClearScore has an amazing analytical community which includes Data Analysts, Scientists and Engineers. The community works collaboratively to ensure a landscape in which team members can develop their full potential and deliver maximum business impact.
You will be focused initially in the area of Product Analytics understanding how different segments of users interact (or don’t interact) with our product and what strategies will make the product more useful and valuable to them. There is currently a team of three: a mid-level Analyst and two Data Scientists.
Exciting challenges that make this different to a pure Product Analytics role include leveraging ML models to surface the best actions for users; which credit products might be right for them, how they might improve their credit score or how they might improve their use of credit products more generally. New journeys we are creating include Build which aims to help users enter the credit market safely and Protect which helps them understand their exposure to fraud.
Examples of how you might drive impact:
- Creating insight into user behaviour using empirical data
- Working with the Data Scientists to get them working on the most impactful projects
- Developing new segmentations to drive better user insight
- Taking the analytic and experimentation led culture in the product team to the next level
- Creating the insights to enable the Chief Product Officer to shape the overall product vision
- Driving a data first mentality with the Product Managers to ensure that they are tracking the right data and interpreting it correctly
- You do not need to fit into a stereotype: we are really committed to closing our gender gap and are actively trying to create an environment where you, as an individual, can thrive.
- You have significant experience ideally in product analysis; maybe you have worked for a tech company previously or possibly in Lending.
- You think about users, not just numbers, understanding the key drivers of churn, engagement and activation.
- You do not need to be a Data Scientist, but it would be great if you understand the best use cases for machine learning, potential drawbacks for using such models in our product, and are able to ‘translate’ Data Science approaches to business outcomes.
- You are a great manager the people who will be reporting to you are very bright and very talented. You will enjoy helping them grow and thrive.
- You enjoy helping non-analysts to put data at the heart of what they do through A/B testing, use of analytical tools such as Amplitude, or training others to carry out their own analysis.
- Aptitude and passion for statistics/mathematics: the majority of our analysts have good degrees in STEM subjects or Economics; however we are looking for aptitude rather than education.
- You must know SQL and will ideally know Python. Experience with tools such as Amplitude is a plus.
- An inquiring mind that seeks for the insight in the data.
- You can synthesise information into clear and logical presentations.
- You want to learn as much as possible.
- A desire to contribute to our culture.
ClearScore is a workplace like no other. We’ve spent the past five years disrupting an entire industry and building a user base of millions. At the heart of this success is our culture, where we work hard, relish change and treat each other with respecthelping everyone to reach their potential and deliver results that make a difference.
We’re on a mission to positively impact the lives of our users. Our product puts their needs at the centre of our thinking. Through cutting-edge tech, insightful analytics and beautiful design we want to help our users build their financial confidence and make better financial decisions.
We want our people to perform at their best, so we trust everyone to work in a way that suits themfocusing on output, not time spent at a screen. We have an inclusive culture where everyone is encouraged to look after their own wellbeing whilst growing and developing their career.
- 25 paid holidays and a duvet day on your birthday
- Private health and dental cover
- GP office visits
- Life assurance scheme
- Up to 6% matched pension
- Brown bags with guest speakers
- Access to Perkbox
- Dog-friendly office
- Daily breakfast and free snacks
- Free sports and social clubs
- Generous training allowance
- Fast progression
- Leadership-led training
- Regular wellbeing events
- In-house psychotherapist
- Physical and mental health support through BUPA
- No clock-watching culture
- Generous maternity and paternity plans
- Culture and inclusion representatives